UN experts on the rights of migrants have called for open, safe and regular migration channels.
UN experts call for safe and regular migration channels, condemn criminalisation of irregular immigration
- Friday, 19 December 2014 06:52
- Thursday, 18 December 2014 06:49
For the men working in the Control Centre of the Coast Guard in Rome, there is no difference between night and day. In this high-tech room there are no windows – only rows of computers and screens displaying maps of the Mediterranean Sea (and the world) and the positions of military and commercial ships. This room controls the Coast Guard’s rescue operations at sea – hour by hour, without any interruption.
- Friday, 12 December 2014 05:30
At least 348,000 people have made risky sea journeys in search of asylum or migration this year, the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) has said.
- Wednesday, 10 December 2014 14:55
Pakistani schoolgirl and education rights campaigner Malala Yousafzai and Indian children’s rights activist Kailash Satyarthi have received the Nobel Peace Prize awards.
- Friday, 05 December 2014 13:55
United Nations human rights expert has called for a global humanitarian response to the large number of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the Mediterranean Sea.
- "Rape is a weapon that dehumanises women,” says Denis Mukwege
- Kwame Nkrumah: "I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me”
- UN Experts: Eliminate violence against internally displaced women and girls
- Pope Francis calls for fair immigration policy, urges Europe to welcome refugees