At least 348,000 people have made risky sea journeys in search of asylum or migration this year, the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) has said.
- Friday, 12 December 2014 05:30
- Wednesday, 10 December 2014 14:55
Pakistani schoolgirl and education rights campaigner Malala Yousafzai and Indian children’s rights activist Kailash Satyarthi have received the Nobel Peace Prize awards.
- Friday, 05 December 2014 13:55
United Nations human rights expert has called for a global humanitarian response to the large number of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the Mediterranean Sea.
- Thursday, 27 November 2014 19:57
Denis Mukwege, this year's Sakharov Prize laureate, describes rape as “a weapon that dehumanises women". The gynaecologist has been helping the victims of sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo despite threats and his family being attacked. He was honoured for his work by the European Parliament during an award ceremony on 26th November in plenary.
- Wednesday, 26 November 2014 14:06
"I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me”, said Kwame Nkrumah.
- UN Experts: Eliminate violence against internally displaced women and girls
- Pope Francis calls for fair immigration policy, urges Europe to welcome refugees
- Obama moves to shield 5 million undocumented immigrants from deportation
- Prioritize policies to secure upward mobility of immigrants, Europe told