Eligibility criteria for a Sports Visitor Visa
A Sports Visitor is a person granted leave for a short time (for a period up to 6 months) to take part in certain sports events.
You may do activities of business and entertainer visitor as well as sports visitor activities.
To apply under this category, you need to use Application form VAF1J http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/VAF1J or select “Visit” as the purpose of application and “(Business) Academic visitor” as the type of application while filling out your visa application online.
Eligibility criteria for a Sports Visitor
As well as meeting the normal requirements for a visitor visa, you must show that you intend to:
• take part in a particular sporting event, tournament or series of events;
• take part in a specific one-off charity sporting event and that you will not be paid other than cash prizes or for board and lodging and other reasonable expenses;
• join as an amateur a wholly or mainly amateur team and that you will not be paid other than for board and lodging and other reasonable expenses;
• be a member of the support staff of a visiting sportsperson or an official (including those officials coming on a voluntary basis) attending the same event as the visiting sportsperson;
• undertake personal appearances or promotional activities;
• undertake a trial provided it is not in front of an audience, or training provided that you are not basing yourself here and you participate in friendly or exhibition matches only.
As supporting documents, you need to provide:
• Evidence of your invitation to attend the event
• Details of any hotel/flight bookings etc
• Supporting letter from any sponsors e.g. National Associations
• Evidence of your ability to participate in this event
By Federica Gaida,
Foreigners in UK
Edited by Raheela Hussain,
* Please note that the above article does not relate to nationals of the European Union.
Disclaimer: The above article is meant to be relied upon as an informative article and in no way constitutes legal advice. Information is offered for general information purposes only, based on the current law when the information was first published.
You should always seek advice from an appropriately qualified solicitor on any specific legal enquiry. For legal advice regarding your case, please contact Greenfields Solicitors for a Consultation with a Solicitor:
Tel. +44 (0)20 8884 1166