- 200g black eye beans
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 green/red chilli (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- A bunch of coriander leaves (cilantro/dhania)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Oil for deep frying
1. Soak the beans overnight in hot water.
2. Drain it of all excess water. In a blender, add the now drained beans and then all ingredients. BLEND together. Do it all at once if you have a powerful blender and if not do it in little batches.
3. Add a little bit of water if your blender can’t blend dry ingredients because it might give you a hard time.
4. Heat the oil over medium heat.
5. Shape the mixture into small balls.
6. Deep fry in the hot oil, turning to brown evenly on both sides.
7. Drain on self-absorbent paper.
- Monday, 08 April 2013 00:00